- Christmas in South Africa falls in the summer. It is a very warm period with a lot of fun activities.
- On Christmas eve, carols by candlelight services are very popular. There are dance performances, nativity plays, concerts, and parties.
- Traditional Christmas trees and other grand Christmas decorations are quite common during the festivity in South Africa.
- There is plenty of food at Christmas time. The Christmas meal includes turkey, beef, rice, vegetables, duck, pig, raisins, pudding, crackers, pies, and other delicious traditional South African delicacies.
- On Christmas mornings, the locals are awakened by caroling. Locals attend church services, there are gifting, visits to loved ones and merriments.
Learn More With the Help of Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Christmas in South Africa
- How do they celebrate Christmas in South Africa?
The people of South Africa celebrate Christmas day on the 25th of December every year. These people like to have dinner on 25th of December and 24th of December.
Christmas day starts with the opening of the presents followed by a heavy lunch which is also known as Braai. Then the people sing Christmas carols followed by the Christmas dinner.
- Where should I go for Christmas in South Africa?
If a person is spending Christmas Eve in the country of South Africa, then he can visit the following places. Cape Town has one of the finest places to visit. The person can also visit Johannesburg for watching the enthusiasm and Limelight.
- How do you say Merry Christmas in South Africa?
The people of South Africa greet Merry Christmas by saying the phrase Geseënde Kersfees to each other.
- What can I make for Christmas lunch in South Africa?
The most common dish for Christmas lunch in South Africa is the glazed gammon along with Coke or Brandy. People also relish a whole leg of lamb.
- How do they decorate for Christmas in Africa?
The people of Africa decorate their offices and houses on the Christmas eve using balloons and ribbons. Decorate Christmas tree using lights and special ornaments and keep an angel on the top.
Christmas in South Africa is celebrated by everyone. The summer season during Xmas and special decorations everywhere make South Africa a good destination to be on Christmas.
If you have been to South Africa on Christmas or stay in South Africa then do share your first-hand experience in the comments below.
Word Cloud for Christmas in South Africa
The following is a collection of the most used terms in this article on Christmas in South Africa. This should help in recalling related terms as used in this article at a later stage for you.