- Christmas in South Africa falls in the summer. It is a very warm period with a lot of fun activities.
- On Christmas eve, carols by candlelight services are very popular. There are dance performances, nativity plays, concerts, and parties.
- Traditional Christmas trees and other grand Christmas decorations are quite common during the festivity in South Africa.
- There is plenty of food at Christmas time. The Christmas meal includes turkey, beef, rice, vegetables, duck, pig, raisins, pudding, crackers, pies, and other delicious traditional South African delicacies.
- On Christmas mornings, the locals are awakened by caroling. Locals attend church services, there are gifting, visits to loved ones and merriments.
Learn More With the Help of Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Christmas in South Africa
Christmas in South Africa is celebrated by everyone. The summer season during Xmas and special decorations everywhere make South Africa a good destination to be on Christmas.
If you have been to South Africa on Christmas or stay in South Africa then do share your first-hand experience in the comments below.
Word Cloud for Christmas in South Africa
The following is a collection of the most used terms in this article on Christmas in South Africa. This should help in recalling related terms as used in this article at a later stage for you.