Taiwan has a bigger Christmas celebration than Mainland China. Even though a good majority of the residents aren’t Christians, most of the local retail stores do sell Christmas decorations and such.
It is not seen as a National Holiday in the land of Taiwan, but people do wear Santa hats in celebration of the Christmas Holiday!
Equipped with the exchange of presents, Christmas caroling, and a personal visit from Santa Claus himself!
A lot of schools also participate in Christmas plays and pageants for many proud parents to enjoy.
Watching in awe as their precious little ones prance around on stage singing their little hearts out!
Dressed up in those cute Christmas costumes, looking oh, so, cute and adorable.
Many people love wearing Santa hats during the Christmas Holiday!
Even the local store owners adorn colorful Santa hats and put up Christmas decorations throughout the store. Helping to get others into the holiday spirit.
In Japan, their Christmas celebration includes the traditional Christmas Cake, which is catching on in Thailand as well!
Learn More With the Help of Video
Main Points About Christmas in Taiwan
- Christmas is not widely celebrated in Taiwan and it is not a national holiday. The Christmassy feeling is often felt in big cities.
- Christmas trees and decorations are almost non-existent in Taiwan. Decorations are mostly seen in the big stores that sell them.
- Among Christian families, it is common to share dinners with friends and loved ones over homemade meals and cakes.
- Many Christians are gaily dressed on Christmas day. The youngsters prefer to celebrate Christmas at parties and other gatherings.
- Churches and schools put up carols, performances and other Christmas shows. Many people love to wear Santa hat at Christmas time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Christmas in Taiwan
- How cold is Taiwan in December?
The temperature during the month of December in Taiwan is pleasant. The tourist attraction is also less during the month of December and January so one can easily plan budget trips.
- Where can I spend Christmas in Taipei?
The Christmas Eve can be spent in Taipei by going to the Christmas land. Xinyi District is one of the best places to visit in the town of Taipei. The walking tour of the Ji-Qing Christmas Alley is also a great place to visit.
- What is there to do in Taiwan in December?
Taipei 101 is one of the tallest building which is present in the world and a master piece in the world of civil engineering. Also, a person can go to Christmas land. A person can also enjoy the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival.
- Is it rainy in Taiwan in December?
The weather in the month of December is pleasant in Taiwan. But a person who is traveling to Taiwan during this period you should always remember to carry a raincoat or an umbrella.
- How should I dress in Taiwan in December?
The temperature in Taiwan during the month of December is pleasant. So one can wear a normal T-shirt along with a jacket and jeans. Girls can wear skirts along with sleeveless blouses or t-shirt.
Christmas in Taiwan is not a big day as there are not many Christians in Taiwan. But still, the markers, malls, and homes can be seen decorated with lights and Christmas trees. Parents also give gifts to their kids as done in other parts of the world.
If you have been to Taiwan on Christmas or stay in Taiwan then do share your first-hand experience in the comments below.
Word Cloud for Christmas in Taiwan
The following is a collection of the most used terms in this article on Christmas in Taiwan. This should help in recalling related terms as used in this article at a later stage for you.