The classic panettone delivers a heady mixture of candied citrus, rich butter, and aromatic vanilla.
It’s considered a Christmas staple in native households, particularly across Milan where the sweet treat originates.
This traditional Milanese recipe produces a panettone that’s soft, moist and bursting with flavor. (We promise you’ll go back for seconds).
- 350g (12oz.) of plain flour
- ¼ colher de chá de sal
- 15g (1/2oz.) of fresh yeast
- 50g (2oz.) of caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons (2½ oz.) warm milk
- 3 ovos
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
- 100g (4oz.) butter
- 75g (3oz.) sultanas
- 40g (1½ oz.) candied lemon peel (chopped)
- 25g (1oz.) melted butter (for glazing)
- Add the fresh yeast and 1 teaspoon of caster sugar to the warm milk. Stir until fully dissolved. Set aside in a warm area.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the vanilla essence and lemon rind. Set aside.
- Using a third bowl, combine the soft butter and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to blend together until fluffy. Then, slowly introduce the vanilla-egg mixture a little at a time. Keep stirring as you do this.
- In a fourth clean bowl, combine the flour and salt. Gradually introduce the frothy milk-yeast mixture to this bowl, stirring as you go.
- Stir in the remaining caster sugar.
- Add the vanilla-egg-butter mixture to this bowl. Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Knead for 10 mins or until smooth.
- Put the dough in a clean bowl. Set aside in a warm area for 45-60 mins. The dough should double in size.
- Press your fist through the middle of the dough to release the trapped air. Add the sultanas and lemon peel. Knead until combined.
- Shape the dough into a ball. Place in a well-greased (7 inches) cake tin. Use a butter knife to score a cross on the top. Set aside in a warm area for 15-20 mins or until doubled in size (again).
- Brush the top of the panettone with melted butter.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200° (gas mark 6) for 10 mins. Remove. Brush again with remaining butter.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 180° (gas mark 4) and cook for an additional 40 mins or until the top of the cake is golden and crisp. If you’re unsure, insert a clean knife. If it comes out clean, the panettone is ready.
- Set aside to cool. Serve in chunky pieces with a sweet Italian wine for a truly authentic desert experience.
Aprenda mais com a ajuda do vídeo
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Panettone Cake Dessert
- How do you serve panettone as a dessert?
For serving the panettone cake as a dessert, the first step is to cut the slices of the cake in a triangle shape. Then each of the Slice is heated in an oven for about 5 to 10 minutes. After heating the Slice is served on a plate and eaten with the help of a fork and knife.
- Is panettone bread or cake?
The panettone is often referred to as a luxury cake. It is basically a cake-like bread delicacy.
- How do you eat panettone cake?
The panettone cake can be consumed by cutting the cake into triangle slices. Then the triangle slice is heated in an oven for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then the heated slice is served on a plate and eaten with the help of fork and knife.
- What is Panettone cake made of?
The major ingredient of a panettone cake is flour. Apart from flour, dry fruits and Candid fruits are also used. The final garnishing is done with the help of raisins and Almonds.
- Do you put butter on panettone?
The panettone on can be eaten with the help of butter also. The Slice of this particular cake can be served with butter or cheese as required.
- Can I toast panettone?
If a person wants, he can toast the panettone before consuming it. The toasting of panettone is not necessary. The item can be consumed in the direct form by any of the participants.
- Why do you hang panettone upside down?
The panettone is left in the upside-down condition so as to maintain the finish and texture on the bed. It is also done to prevent the bread from falling on itself.
The panettone cake recipe comes from Italy. It’s a good option for you to consider as a cake recipe. Around my neighborhood, the British cake is the most popular and I have been sharing this with them.
So today I have shared this recipe with everyone on the internet and I expect a lot of readers of my website to bake it and share their experiences.
Word Cloud for Panettone Cake Dessert
A seguir está uma coleção dos termos mais usados neste artigo sobre Panettone Cake Dessert. Isso deve ajudar a lembrar os termos relacionados, conforme usados neste artigo em um estágio posterior.